Wednesday, October 05, 2005

First Day Berpuasa

Is lunch now and I’m supposed to do my work but instead occupying myself posting in this blog. Shhhh…

Actually every ‘puasa’ month, those who work during lunchtime gets to go back home an hour earlier than the actual time. Currently listening to ‘Chemical Romance’ as I type thinking which mosque should I go for ‘Terawih’ tonight.


During my wonder years in Damansara Jaya, I’ll surely be going to the Mujahideen Mosque (hope the spelling is right) at Damansara Utama. Nowadays with me living near Ikano, Ghufran Mosque would likely be my prayer spot till the new mosque near my housing area is fully ‘usable’. Hopefully tonight Ghufran Mosque will provide ice cream and black coffee after prayers. (Got to get the ice cream first before the kiddies do!..grrr)

‘Puasa’ month comes once a year and it has a deep meaning to certain Muslims in the whole wide world. As for me, besides the religious reasons, ‘puasa’ month is the time to understand people’s hardships, meet old school friends, strengthen the relative bond, lose certain weight and lastly preparing my money for Hari Raya. (Ahem…cozens, state the number of siblings you have in a precise manner…exclude those who are married please..)

A little bit of hunger resides in my stomach but that is a small part of what ‘puasa’ is all about. Till then is back to work for me now….

“Sabar itu adalah separuh daripada iman”….certainly not by stvamp

No comments: