Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Death On The Hospital Floor

Last night during dinner with my parents, mom informed us that our uncle (son of my grand aunt who is my grandma’s elder sister) from Johor Bahru (JB) passed away that afternoon. She got the news from my grandma and we ask how did it happen. This is how the explanation goes….

My uncle from JB came to Putrajaya with his wife to celebrate Raya at their friends/relative place. It happened after lunch hour when the whole left part of his upper body (fingers, hand, arm & etc.) was numb. Not knowing what has happened to himself he quickly drove to the Putrajaya Hospital for medical attention.


According to my grandma, no one was available to attend to his needs. This part got me thinking whether most of the staff was still on Raya holiday or the service was insufficient.


While sitting and waiting (for a long time) to be attended, he started to feel a minor pain on his back. Feeling that his condition is not that critical, told my aunt that he wants to perform the Asar prayers. She forbids him to go and ask to sit for a while more while someone come and check on him. Being a person who does not miss his prayers insisted that he leaves the waiting area and go for prayers. My aunt accompanied him to take air sembahyang when suddenly he fell to the ground. She was shocked and disbelieved at what happened.


She was told that her husband had a sudden major stroke and died on the spot....


May Allah forgive his sins, widens his resting place like the gardens in Heaven and be placed among those who are piety in the eyes of Allah when akhirat comes. Amin.


Sometimes it makes me wonder.

  1. Where there actually no one attended to his needs?
  2. Did he already know the sickness he had but did not want the wife to know?
  3. Did he die because of the hospital’s inefficiency?

Sigh, I just have to let it go and get on my life with the living.

"Death recognizes your soul but not the deeds you have done"…..stvamp

No comments: