Thursday, July 06, 2006

Business Card?

Sitting down quietly at my cubicle, planning what to do today when I hear a familiar voice from afar…"Dee, you’re following Burn and Zainal to KLCC (Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre) to see the exhibition later on at 10:00 am". I was like a bit terkejut since it was not planned and furthermore I still need to check the Coffee Pavilion’s lighting and art decoration. Then again, if the BOSS tells me to go, for sure I have to go plus maybe I might get some ideas from the exhibition. Well basically I don’t know what kind of exhibition it was till I arrive there…..

The exhibition was called DEX06/ARCHITEX06 and you can see the logo here below.



We arrive at 10.30 am and one of the reception committee members told us to fill up a form before we could enter the exhibition area. Completed the form, pass it to the counter and got ourselves ID cards with a red string to be worn around the neck. On the card was our full name, company’s name, a barcode and a big text that says ‘TRADE VISITOR’.

Burn got a call from the BOSS and told us to check the Kitchen & Bath section since my company is in the midst of renovating specific areas. The exhibition were consists of sections such as the one I said earlier, Interior, Finishes & Surfaces, Building Materials and Windows,Doors & Glass.

A normal day in any exhibition, you just walk straight along the pathway, the person on your left and right will try to convince that their product is good. I don’t mind actually if the product is related to the reason of me being there.

Got to see some interesting stuff such as futuristic toilet bowls (hmmm..), water that glides on wood surface (geeee…..), cool designs on different surfaces (knock! knock!...), smart home concept (batteries?) and girls with tight fitting or skimpy clothes (ahaaa…..). All this while I thought exhibitions which are related to sex, cars or any theme that must have the female body as the marketing tool only have this sort of thing.

Different kinds of butt shapes, bust sizes (Asians…guess yourself), hairstyles, perfumes, and errr….other qualities of course. There we’re also architecture and interior design students (I meant the girls) who look kinda cute and nasty. Aaahh…the college days…

A common scene is when the person finishes his or her explanation on a product, they will ask for your business card. I just moved to a new department four days ago and still do not have any business card whereas Burn no longer owns any business card due to his job scope. Zainal on the other hand just gave his last card to the first visited booth. Isn’t it sad when three of us came for a reason and none of us have any business card…..aiseyyy.

Since none of us had any cards, the exhibitor said “ Is ok, just show me your given ID card and we will scan your barcode”. I was a kind of surprise for this is the first time I see this sort of technology/method is used in an exhibition. From there on every booth we went, exhibitors scanned our barcode using sort of like a small thumb drive but a little bit bigger. There was this desperate exhibitor that only scanned our ID card as we pass by her booth. She scanned Burn’s and Zainal’s only once whereas mine she had to do like five times till she hears a beeping sound……hek’elehhhhh

Visited all the necessary booths, brought back brochures and stuff, we had lunch at an Ikan Bakar place behind Istana Negara. Sweat starts to drop from my forehead due to the hot environment and spicy food. Still it was a free lunch (Burn’s treat) and surely you got to appreciate it right.

Thanks to Zainal and Burn for a wonderful morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»