Monday, October 16, 2006

Wen Biae

Boredom struck me, so I browsed through YouTube looking for something interesting to put in my Friendster when I remember a Mandarin song that I love sooo much till I even bought the cassette and tried to memorise the song word by word.

Correct me if I’m wrong, it was Wen Biae (sorry if the spelling isn’t right) and according to my Chinese friends back at secondary school, in English is Kiss and Say Goodbye. Knowing the singer is Jackie Cheung, typed his name and fortunately it was added by someone…uhhh lucky me.

Here’s the music video and sorry if it’s the karaoke version…blek! =P

Jacky Cheung - Goodbye Kiss


About this song, being Malay, I did not know what has come over me to be interested in a song which the language I don’t understand at all. Could it be the music background since those days I like orchestra style music especially the pioneers (Mozart and the gang) & London Symphony Orchestra. I myself tried to play the keyboard but was kind of lazy to practice….hehehe…by the way I play by ear. I actually appreciate more towards the music background than the voice itself.

For example Rock, the way a person plucks/strums the guitar plus the mixed drum beats. Trance, mix and synthesize sounds with smooth vibes that makes body and soul move to the rhythm. Sorry if I only mention Rock and Trance since both are my current favourites music genre.

Talking about Wen Biae, I always ask myself what is Jacky trying to say in his music and thankfully Wye Luon who is a classmate of mine in form 4 Ramin helped me to understand. I ask for the translated lyric and as usual I tried to memorize it by heart. I can remember the chorus except the rest but now the only thing I remember is “We he nie wen biae zhai wu ren de jiae, wo pu ……errrrrrr….ayakkk…forgot oledi!”

It felt kind of weird buying the cassette (if I remembered correctly is has lots of colours with cloth texture pictures) when I myself don’t read Mandarin. About a year ago, Hau Yi borrowed my cassette but she couldn’t hear it well. It was an old cassette and of course you could hear the screeching sound…ouch the pain!. The cassette in now in dumpster heaven nevertheless the tunes are always in my head.

Hmmm…whats was the wolf song in Mandarin????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a Chinese, you have put me to shame! I do listen to Chinese songs but never botherered with their lyrics because I can't understand Mandarin. My Cantonese is the "Malaysianised" version so Cantopop also sound foreign to me (there fore, I shall pick up Mandarin soon and hopefully someday I can sing like Jacky Cheung or Chan)...

Who says your Blog is uninteresting? I like wit and your Blog has plenty of it! Keep it coming dear friend!