Wednesday, August 30, 2006

KL Rat Race 2006

The Kuala Lumpur Rat Race is back for the seventh
year! Once again, The Edge and Bursa Malaysia would like to invite your
organisation to forget about the rat race we are in, just for a day, and take
part in a rat race of a different kind
.

~A quote from the invitation letter.

My workplace being a regular contributor (donation reaching tooo….shhh) and participant would surely join in this year’s race. Previously the administration and logistics (runners & supporters) are handled by a department well known for its corporate relations. However this year, that job scope is now been transferred to my department and is kind of new to us. The best part is that I am handling it, a person who has just transferred to a new department about two months ago.

Being a person who is still new to his department’s workload plus a new job scope surely can make you go bonkers at a certain time. The handover and preparation for the race was not that smooth at all. I just don’t want to talk much about it but there was a time I have to actually ‘turun padang’ just to make sure everything was alright. In this case, when you depend on someone to help you (being a newbie), that someone ask another person to do it, later on nothing happens, so you yourself have to do it from scratch….sigh

Anyway past is past, I already have the required runners and supporters for the coming race. So far things that I need to complete now are transportation, t-shirts and some clearances from specific supervisors.

I have mix feelings at the moment with excitement and worries circulating around my thoughts. Have to remind myself to be positive and everything will be fine.


Maybe I should bring the department’s digital camera to take some interesting shots….hmmm








No comments: